ABOUT Junko Ishibashi
Entertainment, Sports & Intellectual Property Lawyer
Graduated from Waseda University (BA in Economics), Chuo University (BA in Law) in Japan. She worked at Pony Canyon (Record Label and Audio-Visual Production & Distribution Industry) for 5 years and Ad Agency, Cosmo Communication, Inc., (Account Executive, and Media Planner) for 10 years. Afterwards, Junko moved to New York where she earned a Masters degree in Intellectual Property at the Cardozo School of Law and Entertainment Marketing at New York University.
After going back to Japan, she worked for Japanese music and game companies and Thomson Reuters, Oracle as legal counsel or contract deal manager where she worked on general legal matters, IP & licensing deals or contract negotiations and litigation matters.
In 2014, Junko established “Contra, Inc.”, a consulting firm for the entertainment industry specializing in animation with Yoshiro Kataoka and worked in marketing management and as general counsel.
- Tokyo District Gyosei Shoshi Association- Member (since 2007)
- American Bar Association-Committee on Entertainment & Sports Industries
- Certificate of American Legal Studies at Temple Law School
- Real Estate Trading Officer License (宅地建物取次士）
- Tokyo Chamber of Commerce and Industry Member
- Japanese and English